OBJECTIVE: Design Bathroom that is easily accessible via wheelchair, Senior friendly.
1. Is this bathroom for a single user, or would it ever need to accommodate 2 users?
2. Do you have a need for storage? Assuming a wall hung medicine cabinet may pose a challenge for accessibility, do we need to provide a alternate solution?
3. I am assuming a shower is preferable, but in one of the example photos, there is a bathtub. Just to clarify do you have a preference?
4. Do you know what the sub floor is, wood joists or concrete slab? Is there a crawl space below?
January 05, 14:26
sorry, just noted the info on the pdf re shower preference. thanks you.
January 05, 22:20
Hello, according to your given dimensions the top of the edge of the window would be 2 inches from the ceiling, can you please confirm this, and the distance isn't 2 inches would you please confirm the ceiling hieght, you are showing 7'4"...
Also, are there any photos of the existing condition of the bathroom that you can upload?
One more question, are there currently any light fixtures, ie... ceiling mounted, sconces, fanity lights...?
December 24, 09:05
Is the shower head relocatable? if not which side is it, in the middle, towards the window or opposite.
December 17, 15:01
Yes the shower head is relocatable. It is currently placed near the window on the adjacent wall.
December 22, 15:28
Do the dimensions for the window include trim or not? Also is the window replaceable and/or relocatable?
December 16, 19:44
The dimension of the window includes the trim. The window is replaceable but not relocatable. Thanks
December 22, 15:31
Please can you confirm me the door's dimension ? And also is the wall just by the sink needed ?
December 15, 20:49
the door is 24 in wide and 79 in long. The wall by the sink may be removed.
December 22, 15:30
Will the wheel be used as a seat while taking a bath or another seating platform be provided?
December 15, 12:36
Another seating platform is provided. Thanks!
December 15, 15:31
Hi, could you please clarify a couple of items:
1. What is the size and location of the window? I see that you've shown the location AFF, but not the width, height of the window itself, or its distance away from the wall.
2. Is this a remodel to an existing bathroom? That is, are the fixtures/wet wall locations flexible, or fixed?
December 08, 18:18
The window measures 30 inches by 40 inches, from the outside edge. The window is 6 inches away from the nearest wall.
December 09, 22:09
Yes this is a remodel. The location of the fixture tub, toilet and sink is relocatable, but obviously would save me money if they are replace in line.