We have an 1860 Nantucket-style cottage on the water in CT, and we are in desperate need of remodeling the only bathroom on the 2nd floor. We would like to achieve a serene, sophisticated yet multi-functional aesthetic that addresses the needs of exhausted parents and active toddlers alike.
The current room size is:
6.5 ft deep
7.25 ft wide (NOTE: Can be expanded to 9.5 ft, should designer see need, by breaking through wall behind tub.)
7.75 ft tall at lowest ceiling height, sloping to 11.75 ft tall at peak.
1. Clean, sophisticated look and feel
2. Shower & tub for bathing little ones.
3. Dual sinks / vanity with plenty of storage
4. Flush medicine cabinet(s) would be ideal
5. Built-in linen storage and hamper
6. Bright and sunny. Existing window can be changed, possible skylights as well.
7. Entry door is to be changed to a pocket door to maximize space.
Material & Budget List