I am looking to add a second story to a portion of a single-story residential home. This should include the entire footprint of the house except for the space over the garage, which should be left as is. The second-story addition includes a tight budget of $200-$225/square feet, according to Seattle building prices. See attached floor plan of the main floor.
The home was built in the late 1940s and is in the Seattle, WA area.
* The second story should include one master sizable enough to comfortably fit a king-size bed, two side tables, and a chest in front of the bed.
* 8 feet ceiling height
* Sizable bathroom with two sinks, shower without need for a shower door, private toilet area with own door.
* Sizable walk-in closet off master bedroom.
* There should be one smaller bedroom on the second floor with a smaller bathroom with a bathtub.
* The second floor should also have built-in space for a washer and dryer.
* Please include schematics with some design development, including dimensions (length x width x height).
I also want to redesign the kitchen, taking down the wall and closets between the kitchen and the living to create a grand room. See two attached pics for inspiration.
* Preserve the brick exterior
* Lots of windows on the west (big living room windows face the west) and on the north side.
I've attached one pic for inspiration. I'd like a photorealistic rendering of the exterior, in .pdf format.
Also, if the exterior image could replace the chain link fence with a wood fence, that would be great. I plan to have a deck off the living room within that space. Any other changes to landscaping are fine too.