We are currently undergoing a gut renovation of our NYC Manhattan triplex and need your help with the interior design! We like modern but comfortable designs that complements the building's style (100+ year old historic building).
Specifically, we need help with the following:
(1) Paint color for all walls and all doors (including sliding doors upstairs that open up the study); we tend to like blue / grey hues but are open to splashes of bright colors
(2) Stain color for floors, stairway handrails and windows.
(3) Lighting fixtures:
a. Two pendants for kitchen island (note low ceilings - 93")
b. One fixture for dining room (note low ceilings - 93")
c. Track lights for living room
d. Pendant for stairway (from upstairs ceiling)
e. Two drop pendants for downstairs bedroom side tables
f. Two wall scones for upstairs bedroom side tables
(4) Furniture for bedrooms, living room and dining room.
a. Downstairs bedroom: queen bed, side tables, others?
b. Living room: sofa, coffee table (TV will be on a swivel mounted on the wall column between the dining room and the living room; so sofa should be facing the dining room)
c. Dining room: dining room table and chairs, others?
d. Upstairs bedroom: king bed, side table, others?
e. Den area (common area upstairs): shelves, children play furniture?
f. Study: twin bed, desk, shelves, others?
(5) Door handles for closets and all interior doors.
(6) Accessories such as shelves and storage.
Decisions already made: We have already made certain decisions such as items for the bathroom and kitchen which we highlight in the attached pdf called "decisions already made."
Furniture and lighting fixture budget: Around USD 15,000. We are open to everything from Ikea to Design Within Reach.
(1) My husband and I are working professionals in our late 30's and have a 3 year old son. We plan to sleep upstairs while our son will be sleeping in the upstairs study until he is old enough to be sleeping on a different floor than the parents. In the meantime, the downstairs bedroom will be a visitors.
(2) Creative storage solutions (e.g. storage beds, built-in shelves, etc.) are a plus in this NYC apartment.
(3) Specific detail on suggest items (web link, product SKU numbers, brand names, paint color codes, etc.) will be very helpful.