Early 1960’s California ranch home, about 960 square feet with garage.
Frame on slab, with stucco finish. Structurally sound, but finish is in poor repair.
Roof is under 10 years old.
Home has never been updated.
Interior access to bathroom and bedrooms need to be updated to accommodate a wheelchair access – not hospital grade, but enough to maneuver a transfer-chair style of wheelchair.
House is heated, no air conditioning so cross-ventilation matters.
We want to end up with a very livable house, not needed to be a "showy" house.
1. Plumbing needs work – supply and drainage are poor so there will be slab work to correct it. Plumbing and fixtures should remain near where they are right now to minimize costs.
2. Electrical is not suitable for 2014. Upgrade from 1960 to 2014 with appropriate electrical and internet/cable connections, including sized for kitchen and laundry appliances
3. Outside stucco finish needs repair, but a stucco finish is OK for the look of the building.
a. Front and rear doors need upgrading. Front door should contribute to look of the house, back door, economical with a window.
4. Bathroom needs to be opened up for better access with new fixtures.
5. Front room louvered windows – want those opened and combined into a larger picture window to take advantage of a great view, with ability to open some of the window to
6. Kitchen needs new cabinets and fixtures.
a. Refrigerator is OK
b. Washer/Dryer should an all-in-one unit
c. Gas oven and range. They can be combined into one unit.
7. Flooring – hard surface. Wood laminate, ceramic tiling. Cost will be a factor here. Kitchen can be a vinyl/tile flooring
8. Need a recommendation about a pop-corn ceiling – may contain asbestos so it would be preferable to seal/paint rather than disturb during removal.
Most all of the above will be done by contractors. We will do interior and exterior painting ourselves.
Please address all of the above, and include recommendations for colors, surfaces, etc.