We are in the process of developing a renovation plan for our current space, we would like to come up with a floor plan design that better accommodates our needs. The external structure, mechanical room, and plumbing will not be altered so we need to facilitate the existing layout for those areas.
The buildings approximate square footage is 4,350. The wall in the middle of the building is a structural support and cannot be altered. These areas are almost exclusively open work environments, yet we do require an office that will house 35-40 workstations, a conference room for 8-10 people, storage, and an individual office.
Below are some of the details we want to incorporate into our new floor plan:
- Front Entrance – welcoming foyer/lobby with locking door.
- Quick access to a professional conference room with a capacity to seat 8-10 people from front entrance.
- Quick access to restrooms from front entrance.
- Quick access to a water/coffee station from front entrance/lobby/conference room.
- Secondary conference room with a capacity to seat 6-8 people.
- Individual office – minimum of 1, maximum of 4.
- Pathway from front entrance to shop without witnessing work areas.
- Storage space for supplies.
- Storage space for confidential file, IT infrastructure devices.
- Storage space for trash and recyclables.
- Coat room/closet off front entrance.
- Centralized wall location for bulletin board, announcements/required postings.
- Office capacity for a single tenant – 35-40 individual workstations. (approx. 50-60 sq. ft. per station)
I have attached a copy of our current floor plan and some pictures of the existing space. We are seeking a more creative design to improve work efficiency, morale and overall production.