Thank you for giving Real Design Landscape Architecture the opportunity to provide a concept design for your ‘Secret Garden’ landscape!
This site offers several unique challenges, and you provided a strong and creative design vision to work with. Our concept stresses privacy from your neighbors, takes into consideration your desires to entertain guests as well as enjoy your space in solitude, and maintains a lush and playful atmosphere throughout using a variety of flowering perennials, grasses, shrubs, and trees.
It is important to remember that the drawings we sent you are ‘quick and dirty’ and conceptual in design only. They are not suitable for construction purposes. They can be easily altered to delete elements, move elements, or incorporate additional elements that you might find appealing from other designs that you receive in this charette. One of our firm’s mantras is that “nothing is final until it is built!”
Should you like this design, we would love to speak to you via phone or skype so that we might discuss with you ways that you can bring this design to a finalized, built form. Amongst the details that are cost-prohibitive for us to address in this “contest” but would be addressed in a
‘construction document’ package are:
- The pergola structures that we are proposing will need to be detailed and blueprinted to ensure structural integrity and safety.
- Likewise, the patio must be detailed for proper construction.
- We have not proposed any specific plant species throughout the garden. In our firm’s experience with residential gardens, it is foolhardy and counterproductive to proposed a vast and specific list of plants until we have interviewed our clients directly and gauged their likes, dislikes, interests, demands, and desires.
- You mention in your design brief that you would like some consultation on the facade of your house. We would love to help you add the curb appeal that you seek.
- We are proposing several elements and structures throughout the garden, including: fences, a sculpture, a small fountain, and furniture. We are not including specific products but would be happy to consult with you to recommend products that fit your aesthetic and budget.
We will be more than happy to provide you with a complete detail design package that can be handed to a contractor to be built from start-to-finish. Again, thank you for your consideration. This was a very interested project, and we wish you luck in whichever route you choose to take your project!
Leave your comment below.