Turn a small house into a creative studio
The studio is design to offer an interesting diversity of spaces for the creativity and relaxation :
• a living room used for the contemplation and relaxation
• a kitchen for lunches with a tall table to eat or work, stand up or sitting
• a workspace with a large work table, the view, a huge shelf and a wall painted with a black magnetic paint so it can be used as a blackboard and a magnetic surface to hang documents. It can also be a funny game for the children when they visits.
• the existing bathroom, toilet and laundry.
• A terrace for the ground floor
• A bedroom with the rooftop deck at the upper level
The shelves are used like filters between spaces so the bathroom, the toilet, the laundry and the bedroom gets more intimacy. Also, the workspace is isolated from the kitchen and is totally oriented on the view. The multiplicity of spaces is also an asset when you want to take your children at work : they can play, relax or work where they want to or , at least, in other places than the workspace.
The bedroom is a minimalist space and a screen is use as a guard-rail and as a wall to hang things with hooks.
The design is thought to conserve the maximum from the existing house and so to minimize the costs. The project can also easily take back is primary function: a house.
Leave your comment below.