Where we live is very sunny and very hot. When the sun is out the patio is basically unusable. There is A LOT of levels in the backyard which I hope are apparent in the pictures. If not I will be happy to send more. Overall I want a very serene, calming family oriented feel overall.
1. We would like to have a covered area for entertainment and barbecuing right off the back door where there is a small landing. If the landing has to be expanded we are okay with that. Ideally this area would include a small kitchen and a fire pit/chimney,fans, maybe a tv/sound system.
2. a grassy area hopefully large enough for kids to be able to run around and chase a ball
3. there is a small gazebo at the side of the house which is currently being used for barbecuing but would obviously no longer be needed. We feel it's too far to really be an effective barbecuing area. Any ideas as to what else we could do with that space? Extend the grassy areas there? In the future we would like to have a guesthouse built in that space.
4. as mentioned above there is a lot of levels in the backyard which seen to just waste space so we would prefer to get rid of them and have a flatter overall backyard
5. We would also need somewhat detailed plans to show the homeowners association for approval purposes.
6. we would like to change the floor from cool deck to a more contemporary flooring
7. for Low maintenance Arizona desert landscaping