Interiors / Home Interior Design
Pepper Pike, Ohio, United States
This is an interior design competition for a 3,595 Sq Ft home. The home consists of the following rooms/space:
(Entire first floor includes:)
Front door entrance (outdoor section)
Living Room (fireplace)
Eating area in kitchen
TV room (connected to kitchen)
Outdoor Deck: (TV room and kitchen)
Locker Room (Mud Room)
Outdoor Deck (Master Bedroom)
BONUS Section: Three bedrooms, upstairs.
**Included, but not mandatory.**
-If your included as one of the top designs, the bonus section will be of great help for you".
-Pictures of the Four bedrooms are posted in the "downloads" section, # 7 (Bonus Bedrooms).
My goals for each room/space are listed in the "downloads" section, # 4 (Detailed Program).
Two Problems that must be solved:
1. Design assistance is needed in implementing a design to flow throughout the entire home:
- Wall Coverings (paint/wallpaper)
- Furniture placing
2. I am not familiar with shops to purchase unique items:
- Please include at least 2 links for each item for possible purchases. (Higher price point and lower price point.
bonus points if items are discounted or on sale. Same goes for paints, wallpaper, and pictures/paintings.)
- A perfect example of a link, is as follows: Foyer: walls: wall Paper: 75 sq ft. total:
(so and so wallpaper is purchased in rolls. Therefore, purchase 3 rolls and 15% extra has been added
for labor issues. Two links for the wall paper are listed below.
- A perfect example of a link is as follows: Master Bedroom: Furniture: King Bed: (more expensive)
Restoration Hardware link and another link (less Expensive) West Elm or Macy's.
This project is important! And we are a team, You will have my attention 7 days a week 17 hours per day! Responses to your questions or designs will be responded to immediately.
Upon submitting your final design, please include your contact info, along with your hourly rate.
A. I would like to achieve the following:
1. Design must stay within a budget. (listed on PDF)
2. A spectacular home design representing my style and your design.
3. Each room is fluid with the entire design of the home; furthermore, each room has a unique character/theme.
4. Use furniture presented. (photo's on PDF)
5. Very important you demonstrate your design style and correlate with my goals. (listed on PDF)
6. We all have fun!
B. My preferences/style etc.
1. Takes my vision/style into account. ( a mix of contemporary and traditional)
2. A space that is comfortable and warm.
3. Multiple textures used, but not over powering.
4. Physchology of colors, understood and placed in various spaces.
5. Timeless design.
C. Do I need ideas/concepts or do I want to execute a project?
The project will be executed immediately after deciding the wining design!
D. Would I like to work with the winning designer after the competition?
Maybe, depends on the outcome of the winning design.
A. Designers must know the following:
- No construction will be involved.
- Psychology of colors - Very important. (For example...Red is not to be used in the bedroom, because red increases heart rate.)-
- Curtains in all rooms will stay as is (Up-Close photos are included below in the "Downloads" section.)
- Curtains, carpets and wall coverings are storied in a comfortable and tasteful manner.
- All types of wall-coverings are considered.
- Wall Plates maybe changed, along with other minor accessories such as kitchen handles.
- Furniture already owned will be used for designing most the home. ( Other recommendations are welcome.)
- Budgets listed in the "downloads" section, are very important.
A. Deliverables: (Very important)
1. Eye-level views
2. Description in text formant is very important. (Your a professional, and I want to read your voice!)
3. I would like to see many rooms at once. ( this maybe called a layout view?) For example:
Foyer- family room.
Dinning room - foyer - living room.
Kitchen - Laundry room
Family Room - Master Bedroom
4. 3D - for the above is essential.
- Mid 30's, single no kids. ( Would like a family and children in the future.)
- Very healthy, very active, in great condition.
- Hobbies: Cycling, Ice Hockey, Weight Training, Reading/Learning, Listening to music.
- Entrepreneur (Small Business) : Work From Home: (Spend a lot of time in the home office.)
- Friends/Family very important, However I don't entertain as much as the average single guy.
- Detailed and Organized
Any questions regarding my personal living habits and design, feel free to ask!
Paintings or pictures of interest:
1. My family: Specifically my grandfather: Many photos in different sizes.
2. Nature: Calm oceans (water tops my list), Outlines of mountains, Roses.
3. Outlines or tasteful pics of the female body.
4. Musical instruments.
5. Motivational Quotes.
What is the existing condition of the home?
-Currently the home is empty and in great condition. (All photos are current.)