• ~230 Sq. Ft
• Hard wood floors
• 13 foot ceilings
• Large East/North-facing windows
• ~200 Sq. Ft
• Small alcove on Southern Wall
• Small Window on Northern Wall
What we want to achieve with these spaces:
• Large living space with couch/sectional/chairs with coffee table to relax and watch TV
• Area rugs to allow sitting on the floor around a coffee table
• Need plans for window treatments/blinds
• No strong division between dining space and living space with tall furniture, they should rather function as one big space for entertaining.
• Incorporate wall space to display large wall mirror, pictures and artwork
• Incorporate one big tall plant and a few other plants
• Take advantage of the natural light coming from the windows
• Take advantage of existing wall color, however a partial repaint with an accent color is something we would consider
• We have young children, so the design should be baby/kid friendly and durable :)
• There is a bar counter at the edge of the kitchen in the dining room, we would like to use it as a informal dining space with bar stools,
• We would also like a space to incorporate a wine fridge or dry bar area.
• Our color preferences are: light color for large portion (such as white, beige, light grey for large space) and darker colors for smaller portion (such as navy, grey, black), for accent colors we like yellow and gold. We do not like dark brown (no darker brown than the wood floor or our dining table top).
• Our style preferences are: Please see my Pinterest board link: “Living Room Inspiration”. We default to modern, but like having other nice pieces mixed in; however, we are not typical big fans of contemporary or mid-century. We like simple, relaxed, elegant and hip.
• Existing furniture we would like to incorporate into the design (in the order of priority):
• Foggin Display Cabinet from Berkshire Hall; 84" H x 35" W x 17" D (see image)
• Ethan Allen Miller Farmhouse Table 38" w x 62" l x 30" h
• West Elm - Emmerson Buffet, Pine 53.5"w x 17.7"d x 32"h. (see image)
• Achieve increased storage space for hanging and folded clothes
• Increase brightness of room – which is limited by small window
• Light colors or other ways to make the room brighter would be appreciated.
• Create a small sanctuary space for sitting and relaxing/reading away from the living room
• It is OK to hide alcove to achieve increased storage space.
• We like IKEA storage furniture for its affordability and versatility.
• We would like a place to store and display books.
• We use a queen size bed
• We would like nightstands and lamps for each side of the bed
• Our style preferences are: Please see my Pinterest board link: “Bedroom Inspiration”