Budget: ~ $60,000.
Complete remodel of the original kitchen of a contemporary styled home built in 1988. To include new cabinets, countertops, flooring, lighting, and appliances. This is a relatively small kitchen and it is highly visible in the open concept of the overall living spaces. Our goal is a new kitchen layout and design that incorporates some unique design elements, materials or finishes.
In the adjacent Great Room we need a new design for the fireplace that complements or incorporates elements of the new kitchen design.
Restrictions, constraints and considerations:
No structural changes to the room layout.
The width of the kitchen "U" is 175”, the legs of the "U" to the frame of the doorway is 137 3/4" (as seen on the floor plans).
All of the adjacent rooms, hallways, & ceilings have recently been painted with shades of gray and will remain.
Utilize the existing Sub-Zero refrigerator (501R) and freezer (501F), each unit is 36”W x 73”H x24”D.
Do not want wood flooring.
Eliminate track lighting.
• Contemporary European style cabinets with clean lines. Lowers should be predominately drawers. In/under cabinet lighting as appropriate. Do not want a “desk” section.
• Countertops of granite or other man-made surface such as quartz. Possible butcher block section for food prep.
• Appliances: Replace current double wall oven with a gas cooktop & built-in oven below it, or a gas range, leave 42” between range/cooktop to the island. A microwave drawer and dishwasher also required.
• Layout: Similar to existing “U” shape with an island, but would consider alternatives. Would like to keep the refrigerator & freezer units in the same space, with a pantry cabinet between the units as in the current layout. Island to provide a buffet serving/seating area.
• Large single bowl sink.
• Full backsplash between uppers and lowers.
• Lighting: Current track lighting needs to be replaced. In/under cabinet lighting as appropriate.
Design selection will be based on the creativity of the solution that best meets our criteria and provides a WOW factor. The level of detail in the cabinet layout and specifications, and, supporting materials selections specifics will greatly influence our decision.