We appreciated the three different submissions and were able to get some ideas.
1. You did consider light and vent by room and overall.
2. You were one of the very few designers to point out where the water service should come in.
3. While you added windows for brightness, you pointed out where they may not be needed. This is actually quite important since budget is a concern and each additional window is more money.
There were three drawbacks to your designs;
1. We wanted the space to be as open as possible. All submissions had long hallways and walls cutting through the space which would likely feel very closed off if we implemented any.
2. While the water service was brought in where we preferred, the rest of the plumbing was spread throughout the entire floor. This would be very costly to implement and difficult to pinpoint source/location if there were issues in the future as all the waste plumbing will be buried in the floor.
3. The mechanical room, while it didn't have to be separate from the apartment was considered to be separate, when in fact, it was not. In each of the layouts, you would have to walk right past the mechanical room to get to the rest of the apartment. This effectively makes it part of the apartment and would have to be included as part of the light and vent calculations.