Design a new modern house of no more than 300sqm (3200sqf) over 1 or 2 levels. We would prefer to see a single level design due to budget and existing structure constraints but if a 2 level house was designed which took both those elements into account it could be a winner.
The house will sit on top of an existing basement with a suspended concrete slab above it (basement design not required).
- Master with WIR and ensuite
- 3 additional bedrooms
- Alfresco/covered outdoor area for BBQ and indoor/outdoor living
- Reasonable sized grassed area on the North (sunny side)
- Stairs to basement (must be in the southern half of the house to align with)
- Dining, this does not need to be a separate room divided by walls, preference would be to an extension of the Living and Kitchen to create an open plan feel.
- Main Bathroom
Nice to have:
- powder room (second separate toilet)
- gas fireplace in living area
- walk in pantry
- laundry - though this can be put in the basement if required
- Flooring for living areas will be polished concrete and bedrooms carpeted.
- In the basement there is a home theatre and Games room along with parking.
- We like modern/contemporary design (refer to pinterest in links of inspiration for some ideas),
- We would prefer the entry way to be on the Foote St side (East side) but are open to the entry on Martin St (south side).
- There is an existing basement and pool. The basement has a suspended concrete slab (plans attached). It is not necessary to use all the area of the concrete slab, but please be aware that any area not used will still be part of the concrete slab and consideration will be required for landscaping purposes.
- This is a corner block - Building guidelines state that there must be a 9m setback from the front (Martin St) and a 2m along the side Foot St. Along the West Boundary a maximum of 10.2m can be on the boundary between the end of the pool and the ramp to the basement, and the rest of the house must be set back a minimum of 2m from this boundary, see attached setback guidelines. Hight guidelines are maximum of 8m.
Target build cost/budget: $800,000 AUD for the house and landscaping (excluding basement).